The first time I contemplated about keeping a blog was about two years ago, but I never went through with it. There is the typical excuse for this that I am sure many are familiar with: no time. I think it is a bit ironic that I have finally decided to keep a blog at a point in my life which I have never been so busy. Time was not the real excuse then. Now I see that it was reluctancy and a tiny bit of fear.
Many things have inspired me to write: my family, friends, strangers I meet, sights I see, music I hear... The life I see through my lens continually amaze me and I want to have a place where I can share this, even if it is only for myself. I do keep a journal, but I think that having a space where I can type will encourage me to write more, since I am on my lap top the majority of the time anyway. A fellow dorm-mate of mine from freshman year of college has also inspired me greatly and I don't think she knows how much inspiration, happiness, and smiles she has spread through her writing and website. Check out http://www.365faces365days.com to see and read what I am talking about.
The main source of inspiration and motivation for my blog is a group of people that has changed my life forever. They instill that fire within me that keeps me energized, glowing, and happy. They make me want to wake up everyday. They teach me things that I have never thought about. I am challenged everyday to think critically. They make me laugh, nervous, cry, worry, smile...you name the emotion and I most likely have felt it. This amazing group of people is my students.
Teaching is the best job in the world! If you would like to know why, I would be more than thrilled to tell you reasons. Before we sit and talk about why, I would respectfully like to ask the first question: How much time do you have?
Although none of my students would probably ever see or read this, I am dedicating this to them. They have inspired me in ways nothing or no one else would ever be able to do so. For this, I am truly thankful. Here goes nothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment